The Friends of the Thomas Branigan Memorial Library’s mission is to help the public library serve the community by providing funding, advocacy, programming services and materials.
- Support programs that promote literacy and the love of books.
- Enhance the Branigan Library’s reading programs for children, young adults, and adults.
- Fund programs and projects of greatest need at the Library, especially where supplemental resources are needed.
- Ensure that patrons, and especially children, have access to the latest technology and computerized learning.
- Promote awareness of the Library’s resources and services.
- Advocate for greater public funding of libraries and the Branigan Library in particular.
Membership is open to all persons interested in the improvement and growth of library services in Las Cruces and Dona Ana County. See our giving page for more details on becoming a member. We began in 1976. Our membership is now over 200. The first project we participated in was a new library building for Las Cruces. Ground breaking on the 28,000 square foot building was November 18, 1978. An additional 8,763 square feet on the second floor was opened in November 1991. Most recently, in 2014, we made grants of over $6,000 for children’s and adult’s programs at Branigan Library. These helped sustain and enhance services and programs for young and old patrons alike! In June 1984 we received the FOLUSA (Friends of Libraries U.S.A.) awarded as the outstanding small public library Friends organization.
Click here to download our membership form.
We are a registered charity with the Amazon Smiles program. Please click here or enter “Friends of Thomas Branigan Memorial Library” as your charity of choice. By doing so, the Friends will receive a percentage of your purchase.
We are a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, and your donations are tax deductible to the extent provided for by law.